[pgpool-hackers: 3679] Re: in-memory query for tables with rewrite rules

sherlockcpp sherlockcpp at foxmail.com
Sun Jun 28 21:59:00 JST 2020

> > Hi pgpool hackers,
> >

> > I have a question about in-memory query.
> >
> >
> > The document says 'when a table is updated, Pgpool-II automatically deletes all the caches related to the table'
> >
> >
> > when I update some tables with rewrite rules,
> > The sql may be rewritten to update different tables.
> >
> >
> > Can pgpool deletes the correct caches ?

> No. To delete the caches Pgpool-II needs to know the updated table
> name from the SQL sent from client. In the rewrite​ rule case, names of
> deleted tables are not known to Pgpool-II and cache for the table will
> not be deleted.

Hi Hoshiai-san,

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to use pgpool_adm to avoid this problem.

when reading doc pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/pgpool-adm.html
May be I found a mistake in the Description of Figure 1

> PostgreSQL replies back the data to the user (6).

path(6) does not seem to be the correct path here.
I think path(4) is right.

And I make a patch for it.

Best regards,
sherlockcpp