[pgpool-general: 8898] Re: pgpool forwarding database users/passwords

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Aug 2 11:45:25 JST 2023

Hi,

> How could I configure pgpool to "forward" username/password provided by
> client to postgresql? Is there a way to not use pool_passwd file?

You can avoid maintaining pool_passwd by setting "allow_clear_text_frontend_auth = on".
However, it is not recommended for production environments for security reasons.

If you don't want to maintain pool_passwd,
it is recommended to set "enable_pool_hba = on" and use hostssl and "password" method
in pool_hba.conf so that clients are enforced to use SSL encryption.

Please refer to the documentation for more details:
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PASSWORD

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS LLC