[pgpool-general: 8897] pgpool forwarding database users/passwords

Tan Mientras tanimientras at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:03:44 JST 2023

Hi

Newbie here dealing with a minimal 3-node pgpool cluster (using bitnami
docker image).

On my first test after succesfully setting up the cluter, client complains
with "pool_passwd file does not contain an entry for 'dbusername'"

After reading
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/pgpool-II-4.4.3/en/html/client-authentication.html
I'm still unable to understand if pgpool can forward the credentials to
postgresql or if it always act as a "man in the middle" and uses their own
credentials to query the db.

How could I configure pgpool to "forward" username/password provided by
client to postgresql? Is there a way to not use pool_passwd file?

Thanks in advance
Regards.