[pgpool-general: 8272] Re: libpcp.so conflict

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jun 30 14:05:45 JST 2022

Hi,

> Hi all,
> I maintain pgpool-II in Fedora and I have found that pgpool provides a
> library named libpcp.so. And also another project Performance Co-Pilot
> provides a library with the name libpcp.so. So I would like to ask whether
> there is a possibility to change this name within Your project? I
> understand that it could be a big change but nonetheless, it could be
> beneficial for pgpool to use some more intuitive name for the library.

Thank you for pointing out the library conflict issue.

Our development team will consider your suggestion.
We'll discuss if the library file needs to be renamed
and ask the other packager's opinions.

Because it's a big change, we need time to make the decision.
I will let you know when we have a conclusion.

Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
https://www.sraoss.co.jp/