[pgpool-general: 3163] Re: New CentOS 6.5 servers with pgpool 3.3.3-4 won't start

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 23:28:33 JST 2014

Hi Scalia

The location and 04755 permission on arping and ifconfig files doesn't
seems to have any issue, and pgpool-II should be able to startup
normally.

The error ".. has_setuid_bit: /home/apache/sbin/ifconfig: no such a
command" suggests that pgpool-II is not able to find the ifconfig file
at "/home/apache/sbin/ifconfig", This could be because of reasons
like, non existent file at the location or access permission of
/home/sbin directory for user executing the pgppol-II.

can you check if the pgpool-II user can read and execute the ifconfig
and arping files, on the system where pgpool is failing to startup
without any issues?

Kind Regards
Usama