[Pgpool-hackers] Migration to Git

Gurjeet Singh singh.gurjeet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:20:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume at lelarge.info>wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 16:47 -0400, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> > <guillaume at lelarge.info>wrote:

> conversations

> > > Sure.
> > >
> > > All the discussions (apart from a live one in Dalibo's office) were
> > > public. The main thread is "Exodus from pgfoundry" on pgpool-hackers
> > > (http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-hackers/2011-June/000768.html).
> > > On the git conversion, the more interesting one is this one:
> > > http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-hackers/2011-June/000780.html
> > >

> > Thanks for the pointers :)
> >
> > Do you have any timelines on this effort? Just trying to avoid
> duplicating
> > the work that community might already be about to finish.
> >

> Nope. We first need the repository on git.postgresql.org. Tatsuo
> probably already has it.

I don't see it on git.pg.org. If Tatsuo has already submitted a request for
a repository, it might take time since I *think* the approval process over
there is manual and may take anywhere from days to weeks, unless you nudge
someone on the IRC/pgsql-hackers list.

> Then, I guess we just need the time to do it,
> even if it shouldn't be long.

On the recent pgpool-committers list [2] I see that it is Kitagawa and
T-ishii who are most active, and sometimes Bambo too, so probably we need to
coordinate with just the two of them for the Git migration as they would be
the most affected by it in short-term.

> > I see that those conversations are now 4  months old, and one of the 2
> > concerns raised (multi-byte chracters) has been addressed. Any other
> pending
> > concerns that we are waiting for?
> >

> Not that I know. You were talking about two concerns, the multibyte one
> and another one. Which is the other one?

I was talking about the 2 'TODO' items you mentioned at the end of your
email [2]; the other concern being the name/email pairs in default.options
being outdated.

Regards,

[1] http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-committers/
[2] http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-hackers/2011-June/000780.html