[Pgpool-hackers] tutorial-zh_cn.html almost finished with some problem

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jul 21 05:02:14 UTC 2011

> Hi, every one.
>     I have almost finished translation tutorial-en.html from pgpool-II
> 3.1 alpha to a simplified Chinese version, while there's something
> need your help. Could anyone help me ?
>     The following are the sentences from the document and my question.
>     1.Moreover, the same data as two or more data base nodes can be
> reproduced with partitioning.
>                                             ^^   should be 'at' or others ?

Wao, this is totally confusing. I would like to rephrase the sentence
like following:

Moreover you could replicate some of tables among database nodes even
in the parallel query mode.

>     2.The data base made by Moreover, because the composition of the
> data stored in the data base is different in ...
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What does these means ?

Again, this paragraph is totally confusing. I would like to rephrase:

Attention: You can have both partitioned tables and replicated
tables. However a table cannot be a partioned and replicated one at
the same time. Because the data structure of partioned tables and
replicated tables are different, "bench_replication" database created
in section "2. <a href="#replication">Your First Replication</a>"
cannot be reused in parallel query mode.</p>

>     3.Moreover, the data base node One can make the system data base,
> and pgpool-II can be distributed in the load by connecting the
> cascade.

Again, this paragraph is totally confusing. I would like to rephrase:

requirement is, dblink functions and the dist_def table, which
describes partioning rule, must be installed in the system
database. You could have system database on a database node, or you
could have multiple node having system database by using cascade
configuration of pgpool-II.  </p>

>       Dose this means we should build SystemDB in node 1, and then
> connect all database node use pgpool-II

If you have two database nodes, you need to have 1 more database node
which has the system database.

>     4.When the table that does the replication to one SQL sentence
> with the table registered in dist_def by uniting tables is specified
>

>            ^^^^^^ I don't understand this
>     Thanks.
>     Bambo Huang

<h4><p>3.2.2. Defining replicate_def table</p></h4>
When the table that does the replication to one SQL sentence with the
table registered in dist_def by uniting tables is specified,
information on the table that does the replication (replication rule)
is registered in the table named replicate_def beforehand.

I rephrase this:

<h4><p>3.2.2. Defining replicate_def table</p></h4> <p> Define a table
called "dist_def", which has the partitioning rule, in database called
"pgpool" (it seems this sentence was translated from Japanese doc).

After installing pgpool-II, you will have <code>system_db.sql</code>,
which is the <code>psql</code> script to generate the system database.
<pre>
$ psql -f /usr/local/share/system_db.sql -p 5432 -U pgpool pgpool
</pre>
dist_def table is created in pgpool_catalog schema.