[Pgpool-hackers] patch "Caching query results in pgpool-II"

Masanori Yamazaki m.yamazaki23 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 15:45:52 UTC 2011

Mentor (Tatsuo Ishii)

I am sending patch file. My progress status are the following.
This pache is not completed, so test is insufficient(especially extended
protocol and function which write tableoid in file).
In addition, Memcached connection is executed every time because keeping
connection doesn't working now.
The number of comments or pool_debug has been increased more than last time.

1) Shared memory cache
  None
2) Cache data when extended protocol is used
  Working(memcached), None(shmem)
3) Cache invalidation when receives DDL/DML related to query cache
  Working
4) Cache should not be registered if transaction aborts
  None
5) Cache should not be registered if the table is temporary table
  None
6) configure does not recognize "--with-memcached" option.
  Done
7) All memory cache codes using memcached should be surrounded by
  #ifdef USE_MEMCACHED ... #endif
  Done
8) directive "memqcache_dir" is missing
  Done
9) Documentation patches are not included
  Done
10) Patches for pgpool.conf.sample-master-
slave
   pgpool.conf.sample-stream pgpool.conf.sample-replication are not
   included
       None

--
best regards