[Pgpool-general] connections not pooling

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Aug 24 03:21:27 UTC 2011

> I don't know if this question is more appropriate with this list or another,
> but here it goes.
> I have:
> Pgpool setup , verified in that seem to work with my psql sessions but my
> config is probably junk.
>
> Pgbnech using -C to close the session after transaction.
>
> Gives me a hung bench if the number of clients from the bench exceeds
> num_init_children.

That's normal and probably I should add to FAQ:-)

pgbench opens all connections to backend(in this case pgpool) in start
up of each transaction even if -C option is provided. pgbench won't
move to next phase unless all connections oppned and no connection
will be closed. This is a kind of deadlock situation...