[Pgpool-general] No nodes shown in pgPoolAdmin

Dave Page dpage at pgadmin.org
Mon Nov 15 10:37:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> pgpoolAdmin kicks command line tools coming with pgpool-II
> installation. These tool names start with "pcp_". I suspect it does
> not work as expected. You can test if a pcp tool works or not by using
> them directory. For example, DB node 0 (primary) info can be obtained
> by pcp_node_info:
>
> $ pcp_node_info 0 localhost 9898 postgres pgpoolAdmin 0
>  5432 2 0.500000
>
> This indicates that port is 5432, status if 2(up and connected) and
> weight is 0.5(assuming that the user id is "postgres" and password is
> "pgpoolAdmin" as specified in /usr/local/etc/pcp.conf). Can you please
> verify it?

[root at ip-10-228-239-143 pg_log]# pcp_node_info 0 localhost 9898 postgres xxxx 0
 5432 1 0.500000

The password was changed following installation, but using the
expected one instead of the default works as expected above. Running
the command as the apache user works as well.

>> In addition, clicking on Query Cache or Partitioning Rule, gives a
>> completely empty response from the server.
>
> Query Cache/Partioning Rule gives no info is normal because no setting
> for them was made in the instruction. However in this case I expect:
>
> Error Code      e2001
> Error Message   Database connection error occurred.
>
> rather than completely empty response from the server. Maybe wrong
> html displayed?

View  Source shows there is no HTML returned at all.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company