[Pgpool-general] No nodes shown in pgPoolAdmin

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Nov 15 10:11:47 UTC 2010

> I've followed the instructions at
> http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting/index.html
> for setting up a simple SR cluster. pgPool appears to be working fine;
> I can connect to it, and issues queries etc.
>
> However, pgPoolAdmin doesn't list any nodes if clicking pgPool Status
> -> Node Info. There's just the two rows of buttons in the status
> section, with nothing in between them. Clicking on Node Status just
> gives a "please wait..." message which seems to be there indefinitely.

pgpoolAdmin kicks command line tools coming with pgpool-II
installation. These tool names start with "pcp_". I suspect it does
not work as expected. You can test if a pcp tool works or not by using
them directory. For example, DB node 0 (primary) info can be obtained
by pcp_node_info:

$ pcp_node_info 0 localhost 9898 postgres pgpoolAdmin 0
 5432 2 0.500000

This indicates that port is 5432, status if 2(up and connected) and
weight is 0.5(assuming that the user id is "postgres" and password is
"pgpoolAdmin" as specified in /usr/local/etc/pcp.conf). Can you please
verify it?

> In addition, clicking on Query Cache or Partitioning Rule, gives a
> completely empty response from the server.

Query Cache/Partioning Rule gives no info is normal because no setting
for them was made in the instruction. However in this case I expect:

Error Code 	e2001
Error Message 	Database connection error occurred.

rather than completely empty response from the server. Maybe wrong
html displayed?