[Pgpool-general] Setting up connections config for load-balancing

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Aug 12 00:41:07 UTC 2010

> Thanks for that.  I need to update the docs about num_init_children.
> The way it's written now it's somewhat confusing.

I have just committed changes to pgpool-en.html on CVS HEAD,
especially about num_init_children. Of course more enhancement are
always welcome.

> One more question: no matter what log settings I use, pgpool2 doesn't
> seem to log anything.  The file /tmp/pgpool_status is there, but it's
> empty.  How do I make it write to a log?

pgpool_status is not a log file, rather to record backend status. I
personally use following setting to log:

pgpool -n -f ....|/usr/local/apache2/bin/rotatelogs -l -f /var/log/pgpool/pgpool.log.%A 86400