[Pgpool-general] Setting up connections config for load-balancing

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu Aug 12 03:04:49 UTC 2010

> I have just committed changes to pgpool-en.html on CVS HEAD,
> especially about num_init_children. Of course more enhancement are
> always welcome.

Can you explain why I'd ever want to use max_pool > 1?  I don't really
understand the purpose of it; the docs make it sound like
connection-sharing, but it isn't really.

> pgpool_status is not a log file, rather to record backend status. I
> personally use following setting to log:

Ah, in the documentation it says that it's a log file.  Why is there the
setting "logdir" in pgpool.conf, then?  Are you planning on adding a
built-in log later?

--
                                   -- Josh Berkus
                                      PostgreSQL Experts Inc.