[Pgpool-general] Pgpool and Strange Cpu Peaks

denis at edistar.com denis at edistar.com
Fri Aug 21 15:22:42 UTC 2009

Hi to all.

We're using pgpool for connection pooling and we noticed that pgpool is
causing cpu peaks at regular intervals.

The cpu load goes high up to 30.00 (checked using w command) and then
slowly goes down to normal 0.30 values.

During this time all the other processes (apache, etc) are working well
and we did not experience any timeout while executing queries.

We're sure that the cpu load peaks are generated by pgpool because they
not appear using other connection poolers (ie pgbouncer).

Our stack is apache+php+pgpool.

If needed I can attach a graph showing this behaviour.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Denis Gasparin
---