[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 2.2.4 released

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Aug 24 05:27:40 UTC 2009

pgpool Gobal Development Group is pleased to announce the availability
of pgpool-II 2.2.4, the latest stable version of pgpool-II 2.2 series.

You can download pgpool-II 2.2.4 source code from:
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2362/pgpool-II-2.2.4.tar.gz

This version fixes various bugs in 2.2.3 or before.

pgpool-II 2.2.3 has serious bug with "version 2 protocol" (used by
PostgreSQL 7.3.x or before, and some legacy ODBC drivers AFAIK).  This
version fixes it.

Also under some condition, we found that pgpool-II 2.2.2 or later
might cause data inconsistency.  Also we found that under heavy load,
pgpool-II' parent process goes away right after starting. This bug was
there since pgpool was born.  These have been fixed in 2.2.4 as well.

See NEWS and ChangeLog for more details.