[Pgpool-general] segfault in pgpool 2.2

Simone Tregnago simonetregnago at grivaonline.com
Mon Apr 27 08:31:34 UTC 2009

Simone Tregnago wrote:
> ok, I've tried steps as you wrote, with another set of servers, starting
> with a new clean postgres/pgpool installation. Attached is the output
> until the segfault. Notice that the segfault doesn't stop pgpool, pgpool
> continues to run, the segfault appears in the syslog with this line:
>
> Apr 17 11:19:21 pgmirror1 kernel: [79435.727193] pgpool[16732]: segfault
> at 0 ip 0806061c sp bfb2b1f0 error 4 in pgpool[8048000+b4000]
>
> When the segfault appears my client prints the error:
>
> """
> PQexecPrepared::server closed the connection unexpectedly
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while
> processing the request.
> """

I've tried with 2.2.1: same troubles.

Reading the logs( the same that I've attached to the previous email)
I've noticed a lot of errors such as:
detect_error: kind: 1
detect_error: kind: C
detect_error: kind: Z

Maybe they could be related with the segfault?
Any tips or ideas on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated
Thanks
--
Simone Tregnago