[Pgpool-general] segfault in pgpool 2.2

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Apr 28 01:20:38 UTC 2009

> > If that doesn't produce anything useful, try running it thusly:
> >
> > gdb -d ~/src/pgpoolii/pgpool-II-2.2 --args /usr/bin/pgpool -dn -f
> > /usr/local/etc/pgpool.conf
> > run
> >
> > do your SELECT pgpool might then segfault as you mentioned, then run
> > bt and send the output here.
>
> I've run it with gdb, as you wrote. But, as before, pgpool continues to
> run and the segfault appears in the syslog, so I cannot run bt.

pgpool forks multiple child worker processes and you need to attach to
one of the children. Problem is, the process which you play with is
not known until you connect to pgpool. There are several ways to solve
the problem:

1) take core dump. you do: ulimit -c unlimited or something like this
   and get segfault. You should get a coredump then see the stack
   trace.

2) set num_init_children to 1 then you can know which child process
   you need to attach.

Please try one of them.

Or you could provide us self contained test case.