[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II and online recovery

Michael Ossareh michael at heysan.com
Tue Sep 9 15:33:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:39 AM, David Peterson
<david.peterson at channeladvisor.com> wrote:
> Never mind I figured it out.

It would be a wonderful help to the community for you to answer the
questions you posed in your first email. These things often happen to
other people and one of the answers, or part of it, might be the key
to solving their solution.

> 1)       How is the recovery_user and recovery_password used? If I set the
> recovery_user to root does that mean root needs to be configured to ssh into
> all the backend servers with no password or is it used in another way?
>
> 2)       Do all the Postgres backend servers need to connect to each other
> via ssh with no password as well? If so what user, whatever the
> recovery_user is set to?
>
> 3)       With what user account will the backend scripts be run as
> (base-backup.sh, pgpool_recovery, pgpool_remote_start) and does it know to
> use the user I've defined so that it can connect to the other servers
> without supplying a password?
>
> 4)       How do the $1, $2, and $3 variables get set in the base-backup.sh
> script? When you run pcp_recovery_node does that command try to set those
> variables or is it a manual process?

MIke

--
"Don't go through life, grow through life."
- Eric Butterworth