[Pgpool-general] pgpool HA stuff kind of broken with heartbeat-2.1.3

James Martin jmartin at learningobjects.com
Thu Oct 9 02:12:59 UTC 2008

I've since relocated the ocf script to:

/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/pgpool-II

as per http://www.linux-ha.org/OCFResourceAgent

Looking at the script I see some weirdness:

##
# pgpool is already running.
                 exit 0
         else
                 su -c "$PGPOOL $PGPOOL_START_ARG" postgres
                 exit $?
         fi
         ;;
     stop)
         if check_pid
         then
                 RET=`su -c "$PGPOOL $PGPOOL_STOP_ARG | grep ERROR"
postgres`
                 if [ -z "$RET" ] ; then
                         exit 0
                 else
#  try immediate stop.
                         RET=`su -c "$PGPOOL $PGPOOL_FORCE_STOP_ARG |
grep ERROR " postgres`

###

why is the script trying to start the pgpool service as the postgres
user?  If I take that out, I can at least start the pgpool daemon by hand.

James