[Pgpool-general] pgpool HA stuff kind of broken with heartbeat-2.1.3

James Martin jmartin at learningobjects.com
Wed Oct 8 23:09:41 UTC 2008

I know the pgpool-ha stuff doesn't appear to have been maintained for
awhile, but I'm running into all sorts of problems.

Firstly, the cib.xml file referenced in the documentation doesn't work
with current versions of heartbeat.  It spits out all sorts of xml errors.

Also, in trying to use the hb_gui to create my own cluster and
referencing the pgpool ocf in /etc/ha.d/resource.d/pgpool_2, the service
never starts correctly.

The only way I'm able to use it with heartbeat is to configure heartbeat
to use the standard lsb pgpool script.  Everything fails over fine with
that, but I don't get the health checking that the pgpool-ha is supposed
to provide.

I'm using heartbeat-2.1.3.  I wouldn't mind looking at the ocf provided
in the pgpool-ha and attempt to fix it, I'm just wondering if there's
anything else I can do.

Thanks,

James