[Pgpool-general] Parallel Query Mode - SELECT, Phppgadmin, Psql]]

Vlad Kosilov vkosilov at contigo.com
Wed Jul 16 15:56:37 UTC 2008

we had similar problem but with JDBC. pgpool parallel mode does not
support extended protocol (PREPARE/BIND ..) of this driver which is what
I think you are rely on as well. with JDBC I'd get mirroring instead of
partitioning, however when I do the same insert from the cli/psql -
partitioning rules are applied properly and data is partitioned as
expected one backend node only. my setup is two nodes running
pgsql-8.3.3 single table inserts, partitioning on bigint. we had to
re-consider using pgpool II because of this issue.
V.