[pgpool-hackers: 4436] Re: Why pgpool.conf value of recovery_user is set to 'nobody'?

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Feb 28 13:02:32 JST 2024

Hi,

I have changed the default value of recovery_user to 'nobody' to all the stable branches
because the default values of "*_user" should be same.

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=37c3f70629e908342af5e315dfa9a492a1a6cb7a

We considered changing the default value to '', but I don't think
it's a good idea to change the default value in a minor release.

In the next major version, we may change the default values of "_users" to ''.

Thank you for reporting this issue.