[pgpool-hackers: 4173] Rename configuration parameter delegate_IP to delegate_ip

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Jun 13 15:43:33 JST 2022

Currently the configuration parameter which is used to specify VIP is "delegate_IP".
Pgpool-II converts all SQL strings into lowercase.

For exapmle,
if we issue "pgpool show delegate_IP", it will be convert into "pgpool show delegate_ip".
Because delegate_ip parameter doesn't exist, the SQL above will return an error.

--------------
test=# pgpool show delegate_IP;
ERROR:  config variable "delegate_ip" not found
--------------

My propose is to rename "delegate_IP" to delegate_ip".
Patch is attached. (rename_delegate_ip.patch )

For compatibility with the old versions, the old paramter can still work.
If the old paramter delegate_IP is used, Pgpool-II will set the value to
delegate_ip and throw a warning message.

By the way, I found another segfault bug of fail_over_on_backend_error
which has already been renamed to failover_on_backend_error.
I created a patch to fix this issue. (fix_segfault_fail_over_on_backend_error.patch)

test=# pgpool show failover_on_backend_error;
 failover_on_backend_error
---------------------------
 on
(1 row)

test=# pgpool show fail_over_on_backend_error;
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

LOG:
2022-06-13 15:36:43.999: main pid 32473: WARNING:  child process with pid: 8518 was terminated by segmentation fault

---
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
https://www.sraoss.co.jp/