[pgpool-hackers: 4139] Pgpool-II authentication cheat sheet

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Feb 26 20:15:11 JST 2022

Since Pgpool-II deals with authentication in two places
(frontend->pgpool and pgpool-> backend), the authentication
configuration setup is somewhat complex. I created "Pgpool-II
authentication cheat sheet" so that people (including me) better
understand how to reach to the desired authentication method.

In the cheat sheet first you look for desired authentication methods
between pgpool/frontend and pgpool/backend (row 3 and 4). Also you can
see if forcing SSL is possible or not by looking at row 5 and 6.

Rows 7 to 11 are settings for enable_pool_hba,
allow_clear_text_frontend_auth. pool_hba.conf, pg_hba.conf and
pool_passwd to implement the authentication method.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best reagards,