[pgpool-hackers: 4133] Re: invalid degenerate backend request, node id : 2 status: [2] is not valid for failover

anirudh.goel at cern.ch anirudh.goel at cern.ch
Mon Feb 21 11:00:24 JST 2022

Dear Tatsuo

I am not an expert on C programming, but if I understand correctly, applying this debugger patch would mean doing it on a fresh copy of the pgpool code, re-compiling it and then running another instance of pgpool from that new code. If that’s the procedure, I am afraid, we might not be able to reproduce the bug in that new instance as it is so infrequent.

Is there a way we can debug this or get these variables in runtime? I highly doubt it as I already tried increasing the log level to debug5 but couldn’t find anything related but I still want to ask because you might know of better alternatives.

If not, I will definitely try to run it in a fresh pgpool instance and leave the current buggy one running as it is. Just hoping for a better alternative.

Thank you

Anirudh