[pgpool-hackers: 4237] Re: segmentation fault error

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Dec 6 14:37:42 JST 2022

>>Maybe you could insert "pool_has_function_call(node)" somewhere to see where the "node" memory was first >smashed.
>
> I was understanding that by adding pool_has_function_call(node) between Parse() and Execute() I was able to catch the broken timings.
> However, since I do not know the full details of the execution location, could you tell me where to add it specifically?

For starters, in Execute() here:

	query_context = bind_msg->query_context;
	node = bind_msg->query_context->parse_tree;
	query = bind_msg->query_context->original_query;

	pool_has_function_call(node); <--- add

For bind() here (at the very end of bind()):

	pool_has_function_call(query_context->parse_tree); <--- add

	if (rewrite_msg)
		pfree(rewrite_msg);
	return POOL_CONTINUE;
}