[pgpool-hackers: 4152] Re: Sample scripts in Python

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Apr 20 14:18:36 JST 2022

Hello,

> Hello
>
> I have a proposal. I have been working with PgPool for the past few months and while I initially started with the sample bash scripts, later I re-wrote the failover and failback scripts in Python (for streaming replication). I also substituted the need for ssh by executing queries using the psql client (or psycopg2 package in case of Python).
>
> So, my proposal is, I guess there would be more people like me, who’d be interested in having these scripts in Python. So, can we add these Python scripts as sample too?

Thank you for your proposal.

The advantage of using Pgpool-II is that users can use any custom scripts.
We are providing the sample bash scripts.

However,Pgpool-II community has no plans to include Python scripts in repository,
because we don't have so many resources to maintenance and test all of the scripts
with all supported Pgpool-II and PostgreSQL versions and OS.

Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
http://www.sraoss.co.jp/