[pgpool-hackers: 4043] Proposal: commenting out all parameters in pgpool.conf

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Oct 13 13:30:37 JST 2021

Currently some of parameters in pgpool.conf are not commented out and
some of them are commented out. I think this is confusing and should
be unified. As PostgreSQL has already commented out all parameters in
postgresql.conf, Pgpool-II should follow the PostgreSQL way I think.

Benefit of this way is, it's very clear for users what are the default
values and this will give a hint to change parameters for their own
purposes.  So I propose to comment out all parameters in pgpool.conf
for upcoming 4.3 release.

Barrying any objections, I will come up the change.