[pgpool-hackers: 3948] Re: Simplify pgpool.conf

Takuma Hoshiai hoshiai.takuma at nttcom.co.jp
Wed Jul 7 14:48:01 JST 2021

Hi ishii-san,

On 2021/07/05 11:27, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Currently sample files of pgpool.conf under src/sample have all the
> configuration parameters regardless the clustering mode. For example,
> "replicate_select" is not applied to the streaming replication mode
> but it's still in the config file and maybe a noise for the streaming
> replication mode users. Attached is a PoC patch to remove those
> unnecessary parameters in the config files. For now only config files
> for the streaming replication mode and the snapshot isolation mode are
> included in the patch.

It seems good to remove noisy parameters in the config file.

I think it's good to comment out unnecessary parameters instead of
removing it completely. Like postgres. I feel that pgpool has more
declared parameters than postgres in the config file.

Best Regards,
--
Takuma Hoshiai <hoshiai.takuma at nttcom.co.jp>