[pgpool-hackers: 3837] Re: Dealing with GSSAPI

Umar Hayat m.umarkiani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 22:15:18 JST 2020

Hi Ishii,

I tested your patch and was not able to apply it, so I rebased it. I tested
it on Pgpool 4.1 and it is working as expected.

- GSSAPI Authentication direct to PG13
[umarhayat at localhost pgpool2]# psql -U
"postgres/myrealm.example at MYREALM.EXAMPLE" -h myrealm.example postgres -p
5432
psql (13.0)
GSSAPI-encrypted connection
Type "help" for help.

- GSSAPI Authentication via Pgpool direct to PG13 (before patch)
postgres=# \q
[umarhayat at localhost pgpool2]# psql -U
"postgres/myrealm.example at MYREALM.EXAMPLE" -h myrealm.example postgres -p
9999
psql: error: could not connect to server: server closed the connection
unexpectedly
before or while processing the request.

- GSSAPI Authentication via Pgpool direct to PG13 (after patch)
[umarhayat at localhost pgpool2]# psql -U
"postgres/myrealm.example at MYREALM.EXAMPLE" -h myrealm.example postgres -p
9999
psql: error: could not connect to server: ERROR:  failed to authenticate
with backend
DETAIL:  unsupported auth kind received from backend: authkind:7

Regards
Umar Hayat