[pgpool-hackers: 3736] Re: Proposal: language cleanup in Pgpool-II

Umar Hayat m.umarkiani at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 23:09:15 JST 2020

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 4:33 PM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> > Hi Hackers,
> > Recently PG community did a language clean up ( to make it more
> inclusive )
> > for Server, including docs and code (see here
> > <
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200615182235.x7lch5n6kcjq4aue@alap3.anarazel.de
> >).
> > Most changes were related to renaming "slave" and "master" terminologies.
> > Do we have any plans to make such changes to make pgpool consistent with
> > Server as well as in general Pgpool specific things ?
> > If we do have a plan, it would need multiple patches as it would affect
> > docs, code and configuration and samples.
> > Let me know suggestions and thoughts and I can work on this.
>
> It seems the discussion is still on going? I mean it has not been
> committed yet?
>

> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20200615182235.x7lch5n6kcjq4aue%40alap3.anarazel.de
>
> Discussion is going on for two pending point which are not part of patches
( postmaster & master branch) and one WIP patch(multi-master), rest of the
7 patches for that thread are committed.
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=229f8c219f8fffacc253eca6023eab10a16eb009
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=5e7bbb528638c0f6d585bab107ec7a19e3a39deb
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=e07633646a22734e85d7fc58a66855f747128e6b
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=9e101cf60612f4be4f855d7393531900c2986a55
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=09dfd430118f1fadf52a782db5ee161b1eb16337
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=7c89f8a5b810d10dae300ec58ea7d70024e9123e
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=a9a4a7ad565b136cbee735d4bb505d98d06da522

> The topic has not been discussed yet in pgpool-hackers, but I
> personally think we need to do something soon or later anyway. My
> concern is that that might require user-visible changes like:
>
> master
> slave
> white_function_list
> black_function_list
> black_query_pattern_list
> white_memqcache_table_list
> black_memqcache_table_list
> follow_master_command
> relcache_query_target = master
> [maybe more...]
>
> Is it possible for you to come with a proposal for this so that pgpool
> hackers could start discussion?
>
> Best regards,
> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Sure, I will create proposal for different sections and patches to discuss
it further.

Thanks
Umar Hayat