[pgpool-hackers: 3702] Re: [patch] enable specific argument name for function in pgpool_adm

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Jul 7 09:35:38 JST 2020

>> I noticed that 0001-Update-pgpool_adm-1.2--1.3.sql.patch has an
>> issue. It seems it just adds new function pcp_heath_check_stats. I
>> think you need to change all other functions becuase the function
>> signatures needs to be changed.
>
> Thanks, and you are right. I should change all other functions.
> I am sorry for the miss, I made a new patch which will change all other functions.

No problem. I also should have noticed before.

To test the updation of pgpool_adm, I installed pgpool_adm  1.2:

# CREATE EXTENSION pgpool_adm WITH VERSION '1.2';

Then updated to 1.3 successfully.

# ALTER EXTENSION pgpool_adm UPDATE TO '1.3';
ALTER EXTENSION

I have committed/pushed your patches along with small modifications to
src/Makefile.am (it needs to add pgpool_adm--1.3.sql, which I forgot
to add before, and pgpool_adm--1.2--1.3.sql).

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=cb34604d621f9890c15dae6ba81f6b94ed97e022

Thank you for your great work!