[pgpool-hackers: 3325] Re: [pgpool-committers: 5734] pgpool: Fix for duplicate failover request ...

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue May 21 08:31:55 JST 2019

Usama,

Since this commit regression test/buildfarm are failing:

testing 013.watchdog_failover_require_consensus... failed.

Also I think this commit seems to be against the consensus made in the
discussion [pgpool-hackers: 3295] thread.

I thought we agreed on [pgpool-hackers: 3318] so that:

Hi Usama,

> Hi
>
> I have drafted a patch to make the master watchdog node resigns from master
> responsibilities if it fails to get the consensus for its
> primary backend node failover request. The patch is still little short on
> testing but I want to share the early version to get
> the feedback on behaviour.
> Also with this implementation the master/coordinator node only resigns from
> being a master
> when it fails to get the consensus for the primary node failover, but in
> case of failed consensus for standby node failover
> no action is taken by the watchdog master node. Do you think master should
> also resign in this case as well ?

I don't think so because still queries can be routed to primary (or
other standby servers if there are two or more standbys).