[pgpool-hackers: 3297] Re: duplicate failover request over allow_multiple_failover_requests_from_node=off

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 23:14:54 JST 2019

Hi  TAKATSUKA Haruka,

Thanks for the patch, But your patch effectively disables the node
quarantine, which does't seems a right way.
Since the backend node that was quarantined because of absence of quorum
and/or consensus is already un-reachable
form the Pgpool-II node, and we don't want to select it as load-balance
node ( in case the node was secondary) or consider it
as available when it is not by not marking it as quarantine.

In my opinion the right way to tackle the issue is  by keep setting the
quarantine state as it is done currently  but
also keep the health check working on quarantine nodes. So that as soon as
the connectivity to the
quarantined node resumes, it becomes the part of cluster automatically.

Can you please try out the attached patch, to see if the solution works for
the situation?
The patch is generated against current master branch.

Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Usama