[pgpool-hackers: 1125] Re: RHEL7/CentOS7 RPM

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Tue Oct 27 11:59:52 JST 2015

> postgresql RPMs provided for the platform enables "peer" auth for UNIX
> domain socket connection by default. This prevents access from pgpool
> daemon because peer auth requires OS user (in this case the OS user
> which pgpool runs as) is identical to postgresql user which is
> specified by client connecting to pgpool. The only solution is change
> the auth method to other than peer (say, 'trust').
>
> Is there any good way to fix the problem other than writing in the
> docs "you need to tweak default pg_hba.conf if you use PostgreSQL rpm"?

One more thing. RHEL6/CentOS6 PostgreSQL community rpms used to put
UNIX domain socket under /tmp. RHEL7/CentOS7 PostgreSQL community rpms
now change it to under /var/run/postgresql. This random policy changes
affect to pgpool RPM as well, and we need to fix it if a client wants
to connect to pgpool by using psql or libpq provided by that
rpms. This is easy to fix and just for my memo.