[pgpool-hackers: 901] Watchdog issues

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu May 21 08:14:15 JST 2015

Usama,

I know you are working on enhancing watchdog toward pgpool-II 3.5 and
are proposing items for it at the pgpool-II Day.

http://www.sraoss.co.jp/event_seminar/2015/2015-05-15-pgpool2-enhancements.pdf

Recently we get more and more inquiries to pgpool-II mailing lists and
bug tracks but I don't believe all of them are addressed.

Here is the partial list of such that items:

[pgpool-general: 3724] delegate ip lost
[pgpool-general: 3728] Re: pgpool-general Digest, Vol 43, Issue 17
[pgpool-general: 3734] watchdog failover fails - not switching delegate IP
[pgpool-II 0000135]: Delegate IP does not get up on Standby upon Active gets disconnected

I think before going further, we need to know what watchdog issues
needed to be addressed exist.

So could you please collect all of issues and bugs of watchdog and
post them to the list?

Once it is done, I will create a wiki page on pgpool.net for watchdog
TODO and put them on it so that you can keep on updating it.