[pgpool-hackers: 270] Re: transaction pooling mode?

Jaime Casanova jaime at 2ndquadrant.com
Thu May 30 23:43:28 JST 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Ahsan Hadi <ahsan.hadi at enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> So in short, I agree that it would be a interesting feature to add to
> pgpool. Do we know if they are real users in the field that use this method
> of pooling in pgbouncer? Have they reported any issues with this?

fwiw, these are a few situations where i use pgbouncer's transaction
pooling mode:

- GPS's or other devices inserting signals every few seconds (a
customer has more than 7000 GPS)
- Web applications horribly made by some ORM's (of course i need to
check the application to be sure it will work fine)

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación