[pgpool-general: 8205] Re: rejecting connections when num_init_children reached

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 22:30:44 JST 2022

Thanks Bo
So the following would be expected where I have 4 backend databases

config
num_init_children = 25
max_pool = 4

Database_A : active connects 25
Database_B: connections blocked
Database_C: connections blocked
Database_D: connections blocked

My expectation based on the docs would be that I have 25 forked processes
per max_pool (4x25), 100 connections available in total.

Regards