[pgpool-general: 7740] Re: Pgpool-II on Ubuntu - older Pgpool version is OK?

Nirav Bhatt niravbhatt.cpp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 21:59:19 JST 2021

Thank you so much for quick reply!

Your answer relieves me at least from the worries about Ubuntu in
production.

However, I still did not get 2 things:

- Is Pgpool (4.1.4 - the one I am using
<https://www.pgpool.net/docs/42/en/html/release-4-1-4.html>) compatible
with Postgresql 13 on Ubuntu? I have been focusing solely on configuration
part and did not test anything, also did not check the compatibility in the
first place, nor I can find any sources for it.

- Is 4.1.4 the last version supported for Ubuntu? I checked here
<https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=pgpool2&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all>,
and it seems the case.
What are the risks if I go with Ubuntu if let's say it doesn't get the
latest pgpool2 (which is 4.2.5)?

Maybe I am missing some other source of installing latest Pgpool2 on
Ubuntu? I am very new to Linux distro world as well. If possible, please
enlighten.

-Nirav