[pgpool-general: 7882] Pgpool-II 4.3 beta2 released.
pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Nov 19 08:43:47 JST 2021
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability of Pgpool-II 4.3 beta2.
This is not intended to be used in production but is close to the
release version. So users are encouraged to test it out.
This release includes a vulnerability fix. Please take a look at this:
V4.3 contains new features and enhancements, including:
* A new membership mechanism is introduced to Watchdog to
allow to keep quorum/VIP when some of watchdog nodes are removed.
* Allow to choose the least replication delay standby node
when selecting the load balance node.
* Allow to specify the node id to be promoted in pcp_promote_node.
* Allow to configure to not trigger failover when PostgreSQL
is shutdown by admin or killed by pg_terminate_backend.
* Add new fields to pcp_proc_info, SHOW POOL_PROCESSES and
SHOW POOL_POOLS command to display more useful information to admin.
* Allow pcp_node_info to list all backend nodes information.
* Add new fields showing actual PostgreSQL status to
SHOW POOL NODES command and friends.
* Add a new parameter which represents the recovery source
hostname to recovery_1st_stage_command and recovery_2nd_stage_command.
* Add support for log time stamp with milliseconds.
* Import PostgreSQL 14's SQL parser.
* Support include directive in pgppol.conf file.
You can have separate sub-config file to be included in pgpool.conf.
* pgpool.conf sample files are unified into single sample file for easier configuration.
* All configuration parameters in pgpool.conf sample file are
commented out to clarify which parameter is needed to be changed.
You can download it from:
Please see the release notes at:
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
More information about the pgpool-general