[pgpool-general: 6478] Re: pgpool-II does nothing when slave node goes down

Dmitry Medvedev dm.dm.medvedev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 18:36:19 JST 2019

Thnx for reply. I have some questions.

Question #1: failover script when stand-by fail.

In pgpool.conf there is parameter
failover_command = '' # Executes this command at failover
But there is no indication what exactly fail means - fail of master-server
or fail of stand-by server?
You wrote "When the standby is stopped, pgpool tries to reconnect x times
... then it does the failover script..." Where in pgpool.conf you defined
this script?

Question #2: you wrote "... it detaches the standby".
I did exactly the same setting as you wrote, but pgpool stil showing
stand-by as "up" meanwhile it is "down".
Mayby there is some parameter which exactly tells that stand-by MUST be
detached when it fails?

Question #3: you wrote "I  also put the parameter failover_on_backend_error
= 'off' "
Why? If "off" than when master fail occurs - no stand-by promotes. Or I
wrong?