[pgpool-general: 6190] pgpool killed with -9 signal refuses to start again

Mathieu Ignacio mathieu.ignacio at nfrance.com
Fri Aug 10 17:18:47 JST 2018

Hi,

I'm writing a test plan for a customer and I found a weird behavior (to
me). When pgpool runs and is killed with "killall -9 pgpool" it refused
to start again (and there is no more pgpool processes).

Messages in log :
DETAIL:  bind on "/tmp/.s.PGPOOLWD_CMD.9000" failed with reason:
"Address already in use"
DETAIL:  bind socket failed with error: "Address already in use"

If I delete .s.PGPOOLWD_CMD.9000, pgpool accepts to start again. Even a
reboot does not permit pgpool to start again because Centos7 does not
purge /tmp/ at boot.

pgpool version : pgpool-II version 3.7.5 (amefuriboshi)
OS : Centos 7
Package used : pgpool-II-10-3.7.5-1.rhel7.x86_64

Do I miss some configuration parameters, or should I open a bug ?

Thanks,

--
Mathieu Ignacio
NFrance Conseil