[pgpool-general: 4968] Setup pgpool-II with streaming replication

Ashish Chauhan Ashish.Chauhan at support.com
Wed Sep 7 09:28:31 JST 2016

Hi,

We do have Postgres 9.4 streaming replication in Prod environment, currently we are having issue with our DB connections and planning to implement PgPool-II for database pooling with streaming replication.

Key Challenges:

*         Cannot afford downtime on db servers.

*         Add PgPool-II with current streaming replication.

*         Not planning to use PgPoolAdmin tool.

I gone through below articles but some or other way require DB server restart which is not possible in our case. Could you please provide some documentation or steps how to achive connection pooling without any downtime?

http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.3/
http://www.wirabumisoftware.com/en/openbravo-developer-guide/postgresqldevtutorial/25-pgsqlid/82-install-pgpool2

Thanks,
Ashish Chauhan