[pgpool-general: 5041] How do I get pcp to automatically attach nodes to pgpool?

Jay Fitz pcbadger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 22:50:53 JST 2016

Hello,

I'm using postgres 9.4.9, pgpool 3.5.4 on centos 6.8.

I'm having a major hard time getting pgpool to automatically detect when
nodes are up (it often detects the first node but rarely detects the
secondary) but if I use pcp_attach_node to tell it what nodes are up, then
everything is hunky dory.

So I figured until I could properly sort the issue out, I would write a
little script to check the status of the nodes and attach them as
appropriate, but I'm having trouble with the password prompt. According to
the documentation, I should be able to issue commands like

pcp_attach_node 10 localhost 9898 pgpool mypass 1

but that just complains

pcp_attach_node: Warning: extra command-line argument "localhost" ignored
pcp_attach_node: Warning: extra command-line argument "9898" ignored
pcp_attach_node: Warning: extra command-line argument "pgpool" ignored
pcp_attach_node: Warning: extra command-line argument "mypass" ignored
pcp_attach_node: Warning: extra command-line argument "1" ignored

it'll only work when I use parameters like

pcp_attach_node -U pgpool -h localhost -p 9898 -n 1

and there's no parameter for the password, I have to manually enter it at
the prompt.

Any suggestions for sorting this other than using Expect?
--
This is not a signature

--
This is not a signature