[pgpool-general: 5049] PGPool - Load Balancing - Query or connection level

Bezas, Michael michael.bezas at credit-suisse.com
Mon Oct 17 19:27:29 JST 2016

Hi I have setup PGPool with Load Balancing enabled. I notice that the Load Balancing is done at the connection level - not at the query level. ie: only new connections are LB, where as an open connection in PGAdmin for example and run multiple selects statements in PGSQLAdmin window are run against same node ie: Master.

So, first of all how does the PGPool LB work - connection (ie: each connection/query will be LB across server or query level?

Can I specify one or the other.

Thanks
Michael