[pgpool-general: 4521] Re: pgpool-II watchdog

Lucas Luengas lucasluengas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 23:17:58 JST 2016

Hello.

Your question: What will be the state of the existing application
connections ?
My answer: Existing application connections will be closed/disconnected.

Your question: will they be taken over by the second pgpool-II server and
the Queries continue to run as it is ?
Existing application connections will not be taken over by the second
server.
New connections will be connect to second server.

Your question: If i have a SELECT query currently running and the active
pgpool-II server fails, will the SELECT query continue to run without
interruption from the second pgpool-II server ?
My answer: The query currently running are disconnected. After a few
seconds, the next queries (your application connections) connect to second
pgpool-II server.

Your question: or it had to be re-executed again ?
My answer: Yes. If you want the SELECT, you must re-execute the SELECT
again.

Regards.