[pgpool-general: 4496] Re: follow_master in case the old master does not have network connectivity.

Travis Kirstine tkirstine at firstbasesolutions.com
Fri Feb 26 00:27:57 JST 2016

I'm somewhat new to pgpool myself so this may be wrong but my understanding is that when a node (master or standby) fails pgpool marks that node as offline.  When the issue with the failed node is resolved you must re-attach the node to bring it back into the cluster using the pcp_attach_node command

pcp_attach_node 10 localhost 9898 user password node_id

There may be a method to handle this automatically but I don't know it.

Regards