[pgpool-general: 4897] Re: Database in read only transaction

Daniel Huhardeaux tech at tootai.net
Thu Aug 11 02:18:51 JST 2016

Le 10/08/2016 à 18:25, Piotr Gbyliczek a écrit :

> On Wednesday 10 August 2016 17:52:14 Daniel Huhardeaux wrote:
>> That what I thought, but no. I now try MASTER/SLAVE but still no one of
>> my failover commands get executed nor showed.
>

> Just a thought, but it seems that you are using postgresql streaming
> replication, and pgpool replication too (replication=on).
>
> My understanding is that in pgpool you can have two cases :
>
> - replication mode where you have a bunch of singular, not connected
> postgres
> servers and it is pgpool that runs write commands on every one of them
>
> - master/slave mode, where your servers are connected via slony or
> streaming
> replication, and pgpool directs write queries to primary, also managing
> failover, if needed.
>
> If that is correct, then failover commands have little to promote in
> replication mode, as servers are not aware of each other.

I'm now in the second case, both test made using delegate_IP. Still no
command started if I stop pgpool or postgresql on a node.

I know my setup working then as soon as I create the trigger file,
recovery server goes to read/write mode, recovery.conf being renamed in
recovery done.

Thanks for your support

> Regards,
> Piotr