[pgpool-general: 4896] Re: Database in read only transaction

Piotr Gbyliczek P.Gbyliczek at node4.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 01:25:41 JST 2016

On Wednesday 10 August 2016 17:52:14 Daniel Huhardeaux wrote:
> That what I thought, but no. I now try MASTER/SLAVE but still no one of
> my failover commands get executed nor showed.

Just a thought, but it seems that you are using postgresql streaming
replication, and pgpool replication too (replication=on).

My understanding is that in pgpool you can have two cases :

- replication mode where you have a bunch of singular, not connected postgres
servers and it is pgpool that runs write commands on every one of them

- master/slave mode, where your servers are connected via slony or streaming
replication, and pgpool directs write queries to primary, also managing
failover, if needed.

If that is correct, then failover commands have little to promote in
replication mode, as servers are not aware of each other.

Regards,
Piotr

Piotr Gbyliczek
Solutions Engineer

Node4 Ltd Innovation House, Cafferata Way, Newark, NG24 2TN
ddi. 08454 210444 | t. 0845 421 0444
e. P.Gbyliczek at node4.co.uk

Node4 Limited is registered in England No: 04759927 and has its registered office at Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HZ
The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the email addressee shown.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this mail in error, please notify our mail manager at abuse at node4.co.uk and delete it from your system.
Opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual not the company, unless specifically indicated to that effect.

This email has been scanned inbound by Node4's Email Security System.

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.