[pgpool-general: 4030] Heartbeat and master/slave pgpool instance

Thomas SIMON tsimon at neteven.com
Thu Sep 3 17:05:09 JST 2015

Hi all,

I work with 2 pgpool with virtual IP and heartbeat in front of
master/slave streaming replication.
Each pgpool is on the same host that postgresql.
Virtual IP balances well between 2 pgpool instances

what i would like is that master pgpool stays in the same server that
master postgresql.
for example : now, on 1st server, i have master postres and master pgpool.
If i stop pgpool on master, VIP goes on 2nd server (the one who has pg
standby) and 2nd pgpool is promoted master
That's normal behavior.
But then , when I restart 1st pgpool (the one on master pg server), VIP
stays on 2nd server , when I would like VIP re-balances on 1st server.

Is that a way for doing this ?

Thanks

--

Thomas